Tuff-Dowel™ SquareFor superior load transfer and lateral movement.
Dowels provide a mechanical connection between slabs without restricting horizontal joint movement. Casta have a range of dowels, both plate and round; available to suit your next project.
- Allow for lateral movement in the slab
- The Connelly-Dowel sleeve encases one half of the dowel to de-bond the dowel from the concrete.
- The Connelly-Dowel square sleeve is equipped with a patented, integrated support leg, which can be adjusted to suit multiple slab heights. This unique feature assists with the all important accurate dowel alignment required.
How it works
Our range of square dowels help prevent vertical movement and damage at joints as well as allowing for lateral movement in the concrete slab.
They are simple to install as the sleeve creates a perfect cavity in the concrete slab for the dowel to slide in ready for the next pour. They also come with a nail on plate for attaching to timber formwork
- Ideal for use with Casta’s K-Form construction joint system
- Integrated foot provides extra stability to ensure correct alignment
- Tear-off feet allow for height adjustment
- Square dowel sleeves allow for lateral movement
- All sleeves include a compression zone for expansion
- Includes nailing plates for fixing to formwork
- Unique end closure prevents slurry entering around square dowels
- Injection moulded to achieve maximum accuracy
ALL THE DETAILS YOU NEED.
AND DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS
Downloadable product information, technical data sheets, MSDS and architectural specifications.
Downloadable product information, technical data sheets, MSDS and architectural specifications.Product Information (0.84 MB)
FOR YOUR PROJECT PLANS
Simply copy and paste this specification text
into your plans.
Product details: Installed as per CASTA specifications.
$4.26 – $4.47
Casta’s range of Connolly square dowels help prevent vertical movement and damage at joints. Square dowel sleeves also allow for lateral movement at the joint.
$5.67 – $10.11
Casta Tuff-Dowel™ square bars offer significant benefits over round dowels, with better resistance to bending and shear. The Dowel allows for horizontal movement in two directions as the concrete contracts, but no vertical movement. The dowel sleeve also helps to reduce the risks and implications of misaligned dowels.